On behalf of the Division I National SAAC, we would like to congratulate the following individuals for being nominated and selected to serve on the DI SAAC:
· Bob Nolte, America East Conference, Swimming, Binghamton University.
· D’Andre DeVon Bell, Atlantic Coast Conference, Basketball, Georgia Institute of Technology.
· Norah Swanson, Big East Conference, Soccer, Georgetown University.
· Natalia Maria Christenson, Ivy Group, Tennis, Columbia University.
· Eugene Daniels, Mountain West Conference, Football, Colorado State University.
· Lauren Chapman, Northeast Conference, Golf, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Metropolitan.
· Jonathan Hackett, Pacific-10 Conference, Volleyball, University of Southern California.
· Matthew Horn, Big South Conference, Soccer, Winthrop University.
· Natalie Hemphill, West Coast Conference, Cross Country, University of Portland.
“We are very excited about the appointment of these members and what they can bring to National SAAC in the coming years,” said Matt Baysinger (Big 12), current chair of the National SAAC. “Their diverse backgrounds and experiences will help expand the perspective of our committee when looking at student-athlete issues.”
From a Business Communications major from California coast to a swimming student-athlete from upstate New York, the newly appointed members come from all over the map. However, they all share a common characteristic: exemplary leadership qualities. Current Media Chair Brian Alas (Atlantic 10) commented, “Not only are these student-athletes leaders on the field, but they truly showed the initiative to be leaders off the field as well. That is an invaluable characteristic that we feel can enhance the dynamic of our committee.”
When asked about what their selection meant to them, Eugene Daniels (Mountain West) described it as, “an honor and a privilege…to represent the student-athletes of the Mountain West Conference.” Natalia Christenson (Ivy Group) echoed similar sentiments, “Being a member of the DI National SAAC is an unbelievable opportunity not only to represent the opinions and values of Ivy League athletes, but also to enhance my understanding of the collegiate athletic experience by communicating with athletes from other conferences.”
Congratulations again to our newest members!!! Please check back regularly as more blog posts will be posted shortly.